Monday 19 November 2012

'Sew Very Christmas' : Our new pattern set

We are happy to present our new pattern set, 'Sew Very Christmas', ready for the season of gift making and giving.
We have aimed to keep these patterns as simple as possible with minimal sections to join and no curves or Y seams.  Ideal for tags, bags and pouches and more so you can wrap your presents with style.  Our pattern format  has been revamped for a cleaner, leaner format with a smaller file size and less to print and download!    Penny and I have made a series of projects for you to see here. Many use Jeni's Lined Drawstring Bag Pattern which is excellent for creating bags of many sizes and we will be sharing our tips on adapting the blocks for the pattern.  I also made a mat (tutorial to follow) to showcase the first two patterns 'Candy Tree' and 'Noel'.  The blocks are the same width (2") and work beautifully together.  I don't use solids often and I think I need to review that as they glow in this mat!

You can easily enlarge all the blocks in the pattern set and we include instructions for this.  I enlarged the 'Noel' pattern by 150% to make 3" blocks in this project sized bag from Jeni's pattern.  
Penny designed the most adorable 'Christmas Dress' block and it looks perfect with the plaid in this drawstring bag. 
She captured our favourite 1950s vintage vibe in the 'Retro Bulb' block.  She used the CD bag from Jeni's pattern with this block to make a gift bag. 
A tutorial on making the mat is coming later today and we will do a further post on using Jeni's bag pattern with the blocks.  In the meantime, the shop is open!  You can buy the pattern here or at our Craftsy store. Happy shopping and happy sewing!

13 comments:

  1. I love the NOEL design. It's got strong graphics but looks very manageable. The O is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all and I already have them! Thanks for your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the patterns! Can't wait to buy them and start sewing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another sweet set of patterns! I just purchased these for some last minute makes. Thank you! Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just purchased and downloaded this pattern. I was looking for the alphabet in this style so I could also do MERRY and HO HO HO Do you have have any more letters? Love this and looking forward to making some mini's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought about an alphabet with this pattern and I love your choice of words- patterns take a long time to design and get right but I will think this one over.

      Delete

We love getting your feedback and comments! We will reply in the comments thread on each post- thankyou :)

Counter

you might like...